***Open Call*** for sound work that is based on field recordings. Deadline for Open Call No. 3 is 24th July 2022
We are now in the process of selecting the work. Thank you for all artists who took the time to make a submission.
We are thankful that DIVFUSE Sound Archive Open Call No. 3 and 4 are supported and funded by the Arts Council England through the National Lottery Project Grants. For more information on ACE, please visit www.artscouncil.co.uk.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE SUBMISSION:
1) Text on the each piece (250 words maximum). This shall include the name, year and duration of the work, together with brief descriptions on ways of presentation (for example, 2 channels audio through speakers/headphones etc)
2) Artists’ bio (200 words maximum).
3) A link to the work. It could be a link to Soundcloud for example but please do not send us the file to download.
4) Send the submission through by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24th July 2022.
1) Up to two pieces of work can be submitted by each artist (or group of artists who work together).
2) Each piece shall be at least 12 minutes long and can be made up of different parts.
3) Examples of work include pure sound from field recordings and compositions based on the recording materials. Visual and other elements may be included if they are part of the work. The work itself should still be primarily sound based.
4) Selected pieces will EACH be exhibited for a weekend (Friday to Sunday) for free at the end of August/early September 2022 at Project DIVFUSE micro digital and multi-media art gallery, London. There is no payment to the artists but Project DIVFUSE will offer the following:
* micro gallery space (5m x 3m) to carry out the exhibition.
* basic equipments for use during the exhibitions inside the gallery, including 4 x small Genelec speakers on stands, a projector and a laptop to play the file(s) from.
* management of the exhibition including invigilating the space and promotion on social media.
5) Artists whose work is selected will have to make sure that all elements of the work reach the gallery at least a week before the exhibition.
6) If selected, digital files could be transferred over to Project DIVFUSE if this is deemed necessary. Artists will have to bear the cost for transporting any other materials or equipment outside those that the gallery can provide as listed above. Please bear this in mind before making a submission.
7) Artists who are based in London will be invited to do a short artists interview at the gallery during the exhibition and the video will be uploaded onto our YouTube channel for promotion and archive.
8) Results will be announced at the beginning of August 2022.
9) International work is welcomed. Anyone can apply regardless of artistic experience.
10) For any enquiry, please email email@example.com
In addition to the owner and curator of Project DIVFUSE, we are excited to have Jose Macabra to be our guest judge for this round of the Open Call. Macabra is a sound artist who is teaching BA Sound Arts and BA Electronic Music Production at London College of Communication (University of the Arts London). He also teaches Music Production at SAE Institute, London. Currently, he is working on 2 theatre productions and 2 albums as well as conducting Sound Walks and organising the new noise night called Cochlear Corrosion.
Image from Jose Macabra